Features and Benefits of Membership
The EDM Council exists solely to support the data management objectives of its members. Membership is structured on an annual basis and is open to any organization interested in the agenda of the EDM Council. Membership covers the global enterprise with full rights and privileges extended to all affiliates and subsidiaries related to the dues-paying member. Members receive:
- Documents: Full and open access to all studies, documents, reports, and research results produced by the Council. Internal redistribution rights are automatically afforded to all members in good standing
- Agenda: An opportunity to contribute to the development of the EDM Council agenda and full participation in meetings, events and working group activities (the Council holds regular member briefings, working meetings, webinars, affinity group meetings and networking receptions)
- Staff Resources: Access to EDM Council staff for strategy consultation, private research and issue analysis. Staff are available for internal presentations , member-sponsored webinars and as guest speakers for client briefings
- Analysis: Email alerts, detailed reports and staff analysis on the implications of critical developments affecting the industry
- Industry Contacts: Access to the EDM Council’s database of contacts in the global financial industry and facilitated introductions across the industry
- Semantics: Support in the adoption of the Financial Industry Business Ontology. The Council supports mapping and helps members with FIBO implementation
- Working Groups: Participation rights in the Data Quality and DCAM working groups, the development of the FIBO standard, the annual benchmarking study and the EDM Council regulatory roundtables
The EDM Council is the only organization exclusively focused on the objective of data management in the financial industry. Join the EDM Council and put our resources to work for you.
Data Management Expertise
We have earned a reputation as trusted subject matter experts in the areas of reference data strategy, data governance, EDM implementation and data operations, data quality management, the data implications of regulatory reform, standards and standards processes, identity management, semantics and semantic technology
The Council is a global organization with members in every geographic region and operations in both the US and UK.
The Council is acknowledged as a neutral business forum with members representing the full spectrum of the information chain including data originators, data vendors, data infrastructure companies, financial institutions (buy, sell and asset servicing), strategic consultants and regulators.
The Council and its members are grounded in business and operationally reality. In addition to issue analysis, consultation and advice, our projects are known because they generate tangible products that can be deployed in operational environments
We are recognized as the global meeting ground for the financial information industry. The Council’s neutral position, ability to keep sensitive information confidential and reputation for straightforward analysis has helped us earn the trust and respect of the financial institutions, related organizations, the vendors and the regulatory community.
The Council represents the financial data management objective on the CFTC’s Data Standardization Subcommittee; the Financial Stability Board’s Industry Advisory Panel; the Office of Financial Research’s Financial Research Advisory Panel; as a voting member of the International Organization of Standards (ISO) and the American National Standards Institute (ANSI); as a member of the Board of Advisors of both the Data Transparency Coalition and the Financial Information Management Research Alliance; and as co-chairs of the Open Financial Data Group and the Financial Domain Task Force of the Object Management Group.